Release of Chimera Grid Tools Version 1.1
Version 1.1 of Chimera
Grid Tools is now ready for your testing and use. Highlights of new
- OVERGRIDversion 1.3
- Added reporting of individual vertex info for structured entities
using the `v' key.
- Added surface curve creation capability for surface triangulations
by stencil walk between 2 specified vertices in the SEAMCR module.
- Added capability to generate hyperbolic surface grid from an initial
point in SURGRD (can be used on triangulated reference surfaces only).
Added widget to turn on/off automatic following of interior control
- Added capability to project structured surface or curve entities onto
triangulated reference surface in PROGRD. Also added Jacobian check
for volume grids after projection.
- Fixed bugs related to script comment addition.
- Added shaded polygon offset preference parameter for clear display of
wireframes over shaded surfaces.
- More robust stencil search procedures for SURGRD on surface triangulations.
- A new batch mode utility called TRIGED for performing grid editing on
surface triangulations is introduced. Functions implemented so far include
- Switch between different triangulation formats (CART3D/FAST)
- Swap edge for two adjacent faces
- Reverse vertex direction for one or more faces
- Scale and translate
- Mirror about x,y,or z=0
- Rotate about x, y, z or any arbitrary axis
- Remove unused vertices
- Extract faces on one side of Cartesian plane
- Extract faces belonging to one or more components
- A number of improvements and fixes were made to the Configuration scripts.
Users on NAS machines
Users on NAS machines have the option to link to pre-compiled executables
on server machines. Choose the appropriate installation, and make both
of the following additions to your path and to your environment. To
access these directories on vn or eagle, you must be added
to our Access Control List (ACL). Contact Stuart Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org,
to be added. (If you are a user outside NASA, you will have to sign a non-disclosure
statement first). These examples are for /bin/csh users:
- SGI workstations on .nas.nasa.gov network, single precision:
set path = ( /r/octane13/u/wk/chimera/cgt1.1/bin $path )
setenv SCRIPTLIB /r/octane13/u/wk/chimera/cgt1.1/scriptlib
- SGI workstations on .nas.nasa.gov network, double precision:
set path = ( /r/octane13/u/wk/chimera/cgt1.1_dp/bin $path )
setenv SCRIPTLIB /r/octane13/u/wk/chimera/cgt1.1_dp/scriptlib
- vn and eagle:
set path = ( /usr/unsupported/bin/chimera/cgt1.1/bin $path )
setenv SCRIPTLIB /usr/unsupported/bin/chimera/cgt1.1/scriptlib
OVERGRID users on NAS workstations also have to copy the following preferences file and put it in
the user's home directory:
Want to Get It?
If you are an existing user of CGT and would like a copy of CGT 1.1 sent to you, contact one of us via email:
< email@example.com> .
If you have never obtained a copy of the Chimera Grid Tools software package before,
you will first have to apply, and sign a
As usual, bug reports and comments are highly appreciated.
Keep In Touch
Join the firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list! All future announcements
regarding the Chimera Grid Tools and OVERFLOW will be made to this list.
You can subscribe to this list by sending email to email@example.com,
with a line in the message body:
subscribe overflow your-email-address
Last modified: Wed Nov 17 11:25:20 1999